Friday, October 9, 2009

Obsessions

So, obviously, I'm new to blogging. I hardly even read blogs (shhh!!!). But I have several recent obsessions, and when I'm obsessed with a new idea, i have to absorb as much info on it as i can. And since i'm sure others might be interested in some of the same things, I figure i'll post it all on here. :)
My new obsessions are simple, really. I want to learn what it really means to be Christ-like. Jesus was considered "radical." He upset the common, "comfortable" religious ideas. He stood apart from those who led the church. He didn't conform. He held fast to God-truths. I think Americans have gotten so far away from God's standards that we don't even know where the lines are anymore. I have much more to say about this, but it is it's own blog. :)
I want nourish my children as much as I can. It started with upping our consumption of fruits and veges, and eliminating a lot of the junk. But as with any obsession, it's grown into something much bigger. Today, I found a cow share for $57 per year, and they deliver the raw milk to you! Whoo-hoo! I may not have my farm, but i can still pour the cream from my milk!!
I also want to garden. Now, this is a hard one for me, considering the fact that i currently reside in someone else's home (which means I have little say over the yard) and I am INCREDIBLY lazy. But the cost comparisan between buying organic, and growing your own produce using organic methods, makes it an obvious choice. I've heard good things about container gardening and I think I might start with that method. I'll keep you posted on how it goes!
Lastly, I want to raise my children to be as Christ-like as they can be. I guess this one goes hand in hand with my first one. Every day I give myself to the Lord and ask Him to change me to be like Him. To think the way He thinks, love the way He loves. Serve as He did. And what He speaks to my heart, I want to pass on to my babies. I still screw up every day, but God is merciful and forgiving. He helps me back up, and we continue on this journey. It's been an amazing and eye-opening experience.
So those are my obsessions in a nutshell! I'll keep you posted on all the craziness that is my life! :)

1 comment:

  1. We have a massive garden area and we just didn't get to it this year. Next year, you're welcome to come over and tend to it here and there and take what you need!

    ReplyDelete