Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Today...

I am very sleepy. I posted last night's blog at midnight and then didn't crawl into bed until 1:00 am. I have definitely learned that the amount of sleep I get affects my entire day, and snowballs into affecting the type of day my kids have. I also have a harder time making good decisions and thinking clearly when my brain is foggy.

I'm taking a class at my church that my mom is teaching. I helped her pick the workbook, and the one we chose is incredible (which is why we chose it!!). It's called "A Woman After God's Own Heart" by Elizabeth George. In just a couple of weeks, I have noticed such growth in my relationship with the Lord. One thing that Elizabeth George recommends is to get up before your family and spend some time in prayer. This was very hard to do, and I've only done it a couple of times. But on the days I got up and spent some time in God's presence before proceeding with my day, I had such a blessed day! Nothing much was different, but I felt His presence with me throughout the entire day and as a result felt more able to conquer "life." Today, I got up with my kids and can't find the motivation to get anything done. I'm so very, very sleepy.

So...I could stay up late, and wander through my days. Or I could find some self-discipline and crawl into bed at a reasonable hour, so that I may rise early and spend quality time in His Presence before I live the life He's given me. Which one should I choose???

I have a preschooler I need to get from school soon, so, alas, i must be going. But I want to end with a scripture I came across recently. One thing I have been asking the Lord for repeatedly is self-discipline. I feel I have very little, and that if He would give me some, then maybe i would have a much easier time being the woman He's called me to be.

II Timothy 1:7 says, "God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love, and of self-discipline"

So there it is! I already have it!! That one verse really opened my eyes. I've merely been making excuses for myself. And if He's given me a spirit of power, of love, AND self-discipline, what can i not accomplish, with His blessing? I can't wait to find out. :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I thought you might like these two blogs if you haven't seen them before.

    First is a recipe blog that is healthy and the food is good! http://megsfavrecipes.blogspot.com/

    Second is a Christian Mom blog that I love!
    http://prayerofhannah.blogspot.com/

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete