Friday, January 4, 2013

Alexis Katelyn is 4!

My baby, or "mommy's little baby," as I have successfully convinced her to call herself, is 4 years old.

*gasp*

:::sob:::

4 years old.  I can't believe it!  It came so fast.  Has it really been 4 years since I met my little baby ??  Since that night, at the end of December, when my sweet little baby was born, who proceeded to scream louder than any other baby?  Even though you're told over and over to, "enjoy them while they're young.  It goes by so fast!" it still somehow catches you by surprise when it happens.

She really is my "baby," and probably will spend her life finding some identity in that.  I spent 26 years convinced that 4 babies were the perfect amount for me.  Then little Lexi was born, and I realized that I would probably never feel "done" having kids.  I hoped I could have a 5th, dreamed about a 6th.  But I'm super grateful for my 4.  I'm enjoying every moment with each of them,  and finding myself savoring Lexi's infancy.  Toddlerhood.  And now she's 4, a preschooler.  She has a mind of her own and her mama's stubborn streak.  She can give a look that could set you straight, or a cuddle that will melt your heart.  Quite often, I find Aimee or I saying to the other, "she's so cute!"  And she knows it.  ;)

She loves the color purple, and feels anything purple should automatically belong to her.  Her favorite drink is milk, and she would have a peanut butter and Nutella sandwich, with a big glass of milk, for breakfast every single day, if I let her.  She loves Minnie Mouse, but Daisy Duck is her favorite.  Every night she thanks God for all of the people she loves, by name.  She asks deep, thoughtful questions, that lead me to believe she has a good amount of intelligence inside her, and she's itching to start doing formal schoolwork like her older siblings.  I'll be shocked if she's not reading reading at 5 like Amerie was. 

She's the 3rd born girl, but won't wear half the hand-me-downs because she "doesn't like them."  It's a far cry from Miss Amerie, who tells me, "Mom...I don't care.  You buy what you like, and I'll just wear it!" 

Not Lexi.  :)  She won't wear blue jeans, and has a personal grudge against buttons.  Her socks don't always match, but if they're making her happy, I'll allow it.  We're on our second year of the infamous puppy hat.  Her hair has finally grown past her waist, but the thought of me cutting it any shorter brings her to tears.  She's full of independance and opinions and a touch of bossiness.

And I adore her.  :)

I'll end this post with some of my favorite recent pictures.  She may be growing up fast, but that doesn't mean I can't take 10,000 pictures to help me remember when she was small. 

Hopefully she'll bring a smile to you, like she always does to me.  :)












No comments:

Post a Comment