Friday, May 6, 2011

Mother's Day

It's almost Mother's Day.  :) 

I would expect a mother of four to look forward to Mother's Day.  I've earned it, right?  Four times over??  Breakfast in bed, handmade cards, a day off.  :)

Lol. Not exactly.  Mother's Day is one more example of the changes God has done in me.  For most of the years that Phil and I were married, he tried to make Mother's Day special for me.  And I soaked it up, looking forward to "a day off" for weeks beforehand.  Quite often, he had drill the weekend of Mother's Day and I ended up pulling through a fast food drive-thru so I wouldn't have to cook dinner on my "day off."  I didn't even care that we couldn't afford fast food.  I wasn't about to cook.

:::sigh:::

In two days, it will be Mother's Day again.  This time, I am officially a single mother.  There's no breakfast in bed.  :)  No handmade cards, unless I ask the kids to make them for me (this is part of being a homeschooling single mother), although i did get a special one from the boy I babysit. :)  And I'm confident that I will be making dinner for everyone and not getting a "day off."

I am totally okay with this!!!

I feel like this will be the most special Mother's Day that I have ever had.  :)  Now that I've finally gotten over myself and allowed the Lord to actually mature me, I can see what this special day is all about.  It's about moms.  About being a mom.  And having a mom.  It's about this...






And this..





This...





This...





And this...







I have been blessed with an amazing mother.  I mean it.  I couldn't ask for a better one.  She is super special and I thank the Lord for blessing me with her as my mom (my dad's pretty awesome, too!!).  She's an incredible example of a Godly woman.  She showed me, by example, how to love my children and know that they feel loved.  We have a great relationship, and always have.  She selflessly gives and loves each of her kids, and adores her grandbabies.  I wouldn't trade her for anything.  :)

And my kids?  All I have ever wanted to be was a mom.  Somewhere, tucked away in my heart, I hope I can have a couple more children someday.  But in the meantime, I spend every. single. day. thanking the Lord for blessing me with four children.  I'm 29.  I have a 9 year old, almost 6 year old, 4 year, and 2 year old.  I look at them and can't believe I have them!!  I wake up every morning with them crowded in bed around me, I kiss them and tell them I love them and I think they're super special all day long, and at bedtime, I kiss their forheads and praise and thank the Lord for creating such beautiful, special children and allowing me to spend my days with them!!  I can't believe how blessed I am.

Mother's Day isn't about me anymore.  :)  It's about them. 

It's about the woman who felt the same way about me that I feel about my babies (sometimes I can't grasp that!!)  And it's about the four precious children that gave me the title of "Mom."

I will wake up on Sunday and kiss each of them.  I'll tell my mom, again, that I love her.  And I will have a very special day. 

Because God is so good.  And He has blessed me abundantly.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment