Friday, July 1, 2011

Social Media and My Personality :)

I have put off this post and put of this post (and put off this post) for a long time.  :)  Every time I want to post a blog or write something personal on facebook, I get incredibly uneasy...

We live in such a different world now, thanks to social media.  And the internet.  And cell phones.  Privacy is something you have to fight like crazy for.

I am a weird mix of an open book and a hermit.  I am who I am, I love who I am, and I don't feel that I have anything to hide from anyone.  So in that aspect, facebook and blogger are two things I love and I have no problem sharing things on them. 

But on the other hand, I hate when people feel that because I share things, they have a right to share their opinions about my life.  Sometimes, I'd go so far as to call those opinions "a very strong suggestion that you should take my advice."  And even, "a very strong suggestion, that I will mention to you multiple times until you listen to me." 

I know that if I put personal stuff out there, I have no control over what is done with that information.  I have released it. And people are people.  Things will be misunderstood.  Opinionated people will open their mouths.  This is reality.  But should I quit two hobbies that I love just because I have a hard time with stronger personalities than my own??

I love blogging.  It's a release for me and it's kinda fun and I really feel that if I'm learning something from the Lord, sharing it allows the possibility for it to bless someone else.  But lately, I have had a handful of people misconstrue things that I, or other people, have done or said.  And it has caused a lot of heartache.  And frustration.  And I'll be honest...anger on my part.  And I don't get angry very easy!!

So I questioned what to do with facebook and my blog.  I almost deleted my facebook, until my daughter informed me that it's a great means of communication when I am gone and she needs to contact me.  When I'm in El Salvador, this will be very valuable.  And my blog...I LOVE my blog.  Lol.  I don't journal, I will never be a scrapbooker.  But I love my life, and my kids, and my Lord, and for me...this is a place that I can record my thoughts and my feelings and pics of my babies.  Especially when everything is changing so much.  :)  And to all of my friends who make their way here and read it, I hope it blesses you in some way.  And if you have a blog, I would love to read all about your quirks and thoughts and daily musings.  :)  Leave me a link!!!

My sister and her family are on their way to Michigan, from Virginia, as I type to spend the next week with all of us, and my brother is on his way from Tennessee. He'll be here until Monday.  On Sunday, we're having a big family gathering and family pictures taken.  I am so excited!!!  I will be taking my own pics, now that my mom has kindly shared her camera with me.  A little thing I discovered about myself...I love taking pictures.  I love it.  But I don't own a camera, so I don't take them nearly as often as I would like.  But now I will be experimenting with my mom's camera and taking lots of pics of my babies.  :) 

After family goes home, I will be making some changes in our house.  Again, I would love right now to just throw them out there.  But for privacy's sake, it has to wait.  :)  My blog, however, is going to become a place for me to record our lives.  Kind of like an online scrapbook.  :)  I love my life and my kids and all the work the Lord is doing, and I love the idea of having it on here as a record.  When my sister goes home, I will be ready to face the opinions and suggestions and tell the bearers (kindly and respectfully!!) that I do my best to live every day within the Lord's will and way, and if they have a problem with anything I do, they can take it up with Him.  Because that is the truth.  :)

Have a wonderful 4th!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment