Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Rough Day

I've been having a tough couple of days.  I guess it's all part of the process.  I pray that the Lord will use this heartache for His glory, but gosh does it hurt to endure it.

Sometimes I wish I could go into detail on this blog.  I want to show what the Lord is doing within me, and every bit of good and glory that is coming through Him.  I posted several days ago that i am retreating within, and in many ways I am.  But I know that there are SO MANY who have gone through heartache (or are going through it now).  And I know it's nice to know you're not alone.

Partly, I'm struggling with what I want versus letting God have control over everything.  Maybe in the end, He'll bring me what I wanted after all.  But to completely release things that I want so much...it's so hard.  And to keep myself in a place where I release any part of me that wants to be angry or bitter or resentful...


It's sometimes an hourly struggle.

I prayed so much today.  I read the scriptures.  I tried not to snap at my children when I was in the midst of my pain.  I let them have a "snow day" and figured we'd catch up on the schoolwork later.  For the most part, I think they just thought mommy was "quiet" today.

I say all that to say...rough days are okay.  If I've learned anything so far, it's that every day is new.  Just because today was hard, does not mean that tomorrow will be.  I spent the first few minutes of my day having a heart to heart with Him.  Tomorrow I will do the same.  Today I struggled.  But He was there to see me through it.  Tomorrow I may wake up in "quiet peace" and spend the day thanking Him and praising Him for being faithful. 

We serve an awesome God.  I have said that so many times, but I believe it with every fiber of my being.  He is everything to me and I do not know how I could make it through my life without Him.  When I cry, He holds my tears.   When I wipe my tears away and say, "Okay, I'm ready again," He takes me by the hand and we keep walking.  And He's oh so patient in the meantime.

There's a song by Kari Jobe called "The More I Seek You."  Whenever I fall at His feet again (and I have many times), this song starts playing in my head.  The words could have been written by my own heart...

The more I seek you,
The more I find you
The more I find you, the more I love you

I wanna sit at your feet
Drink from the cup in your hand.
Lay back against you and breath, feel your heart beat
This love is so deep, it's more than I can stand.
I melt in your peace, it's overwhelming

There's no better place to retreat to than at His feet.  And every time i find myself there, I fall more and more in love with Him.  And then everything in my life doesn't seem so big anymore, in the light of His glory.  I can endure it.  I can move past it.  I can rest in His peace and trust in His future.
My favorite scripture is Jeremiah 29:11-13:
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope, and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."


I'm trusting in His plans.  My plans may seem good, but His are for sure better.  And just because this moment is hard doesn't mean the rest of my life will be.  I am learning to be patient and wait on Him.  In the meantime, I am learning to let Him be everything to me.  :)

We serve an awesome God. 







No comments:

Post a Comment